[Zope-dev] LocalFS/Zope/Python leaking memory on large file uploads

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 17:20:30 -0500

I am using Zope 2.4.3, Python 2.1.2 and LocalFS (version?)
on both Linux and Solaris and I am trying to upload large files
(~50-150 MB).  Zope consumes memory to the point of
strangling the machine, and I am forced to restart it.  The Solaris
machine has 256 MB RAM/512 MB swap.  The Linux box has
512MB/1GB.

I have read:

http://www.zope.org/Members/tseaver/Projects/HighlyAvailableZope/BleedingLikeAStuckPig

Does anyone have any additional advice on where to start looking
for/fixing the problem?  I will most likely spend most of tomorrow
trying to fix the problem, and will obviously contribute anything I
find back to the list/community; so any pointers/shortcuts/anecdotes
that might save me some time would be appreciated.

John Ziniti