[Zope-dev] urgent: string exceptions

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:05:05 +0200

Chris McDonough wrote:
> You can catch most string exceptions.

I hate it when this happens. I thought you could, so I tried it, and it
didn't work. Now you say that is should work, so I try it again, and it
does... So stop telling my Python interpreter that it can do things it
couldn't before, I get all confused. :p

 > "Bad Request" cannot be caught because (afaik) the string isn't
 > interned because it has a space in it.

Strangely enough, I now succeed in cathing 'Bad Request' exceptions when
I try it, so there is something more to this that my Zen-level doesn't grok.