[Zope-dev] Crazy idea: ZClasses

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:27:06 -0400

It's Friday, so I reserve the right to post crazy ideas. :-)

Ape could revitalize ZClasses.  The biggest problem with ZClasses has
always been the inability to use version control and other utilities to
maintain ZClass code.  Ape could fix that by giving developers the
option of storing ZClass code on the filesystem.  It doesn't allow it
now, but it could without huge effort.

I thought of this a couple of weeks ago.  I pushed it out of my mind
because Zope 3 will eliminate the need for ZClasses, but the idea kept
coming back.  So if anyone wants to take this on, I'll provide
direction, but I don't plan to do it all myself.

Shane