[Zope-dev] Fwd: Re: [Zope] zope2.6.1 debugging

Clemens Robbenhaar zope-dev@zope.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:45:49 +0200

 > following chrisW's recommendation, i'm forwarding this to this list...

Hm, I do not belong to the gurus Chris refers to ... thus a possible
stupid hint:

 > > Loaded symbols for
 > > /usr/local/Zope-2.6-cvs/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/TextIndex/Splitter/ZopeSplitter/ZopeSplitter.so
 > > 0x0806fb42 in Py_GetProgramFullPath () at eval.c:41
 > > 41      eval.c: No such file or directory.
 > >         in eval.c

 If I look at my python version (2.1.3) there is no "eval.c", and
Py_GetProgramFullPath is implemented in "Modules/getpath.c".

 So I am wondering which python version You are using.

 If You have an "eval.c" somewhere in You python version, You may want
to check with the "-d" option of gdb to show You the proper source code.
If Your python version is a binary distribution, rebuild it from source
and try again. (The python README tells You how to pass a "-g" option to
the C compiler to include debugging symbols.)

 Thats all I can say for now.

Hope this helps a little,
Clemens