[Zope-dev] UndoSearch Timeout

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Thu Aug 7 00:56:40 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 22:05, Brian Brinegar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a ZODB which is about 12 - 14 gigs when packed. We use
> FileStorage, and when anyone clicks Undo eventually times out. This is
> better now that the undoLog does not lock the database.
>
> However if there are not enough transactions to fill the batch Undo is
> useless. So, everytime we upgrade to a new version of Zope I patch
> FileStorage.py to add a timeout. Used to be 3 seconds when the ZODB
> locked, now I've bumped it up to 10 seconds.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? Would adding the timeout, possibly set
> by an environment variable, be considered by the maintainers?

DirectoryStorage has always provided a timeout, set by config file. There have
been occasions where I wanted to wait for the full detail, and a global
timeout setting was inconvenient. Is it worth adding it as a new parameter to
these functions?

--
Toby Dickenson - http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson

Want a job like mine?  http://www.geminidataloggers.com/jobs for Software
Engineering jobs at Gemini Data Loggers in Chichester, West Sussex, England