[Zope-dev] security issue

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 14 21:30:40 EDT 2003

Toby Gustafson wrote at 2003-8-14 04:35 -0700:
 >    I am having a problem accessing a function defined in a product I have
 > created and installed.
 > From that script I try to call the
 > function with the lines:
 >
 >    from Products.StoreEvent import StoreEvent

 >    storeEvents = StoreEvents.searchForStoreEvents(context, ...)

 > "You are not allowed to access searchForStoreEvents in this
 > context".
 >
 > I have read the security document at:
 >
 >    http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/Security.stx
 >
 > and have tried adding several things to my StoreEvent.__init__.py file,
 > such as:
 >
 >    modulesecurity = ModuleSecurityInfo()
 >    modulesecurity.declarePublic( \
 >                      'Products.StoreEvent.searchForStoreEvents')
 >    modulesecurity.apply(globals())

"ModuleSecurityInfo" is quite complex. I do not understand it completely.

However, I see one error in your code: in your "declarePublic",
one "StoreEvent" is missing.
Your "seachForStoreEvents" is at
'Products.StoreEvent.StoreEvent.searchForStoreEvents'

 > However, nothing seems to work.  Anybody have any idea what I am doing
 > wrong.

The "AccessControl.allow_module" may be simpler to use
(however, it make available the complete module content).

Dieter