[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7 Timeline

Chris McDonough chris.mcdonough at cox.net
Sun Aug 17 10:36:05 EDT 2003

> Oh by the way my Plone code is in Installers/pwi of the Plone cvs,
looks
> pretty similar to your iss stuff though ;)

Yep, it's very nice!  I did look at it before doing the 2.7 one, but
wasn't sure of its license, so I couldn't just copy it outright. ;-)

Also the Plone Windows controller rocks, and I'd like to ship
something like it with Zope itself.  But a) I don't know it's
licensing disposition (we can't ship GPL'ed code with Zope AFAIK) and
b) it will need to change a lot due to the install and config changes
in 2.7+.

So, anyway, if there's any way we can work together on the installer
or controller stuff, I'd be very happy.  You know more about this shit
than I do. ;-)

Here's what I know still need to do:

  - figure out how to get event/access log rotation to work (sigusr2
definitely wont work ;-)

  - provide a better default config file for Windows (backslashes
instead of slashes).

  - Log startup tracebacks when running as a service to the Windows
event log.

- C