[Zope-dev] FYI: Zope 2.6.1 beta 1 today...

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Wed Dec 10 15:01:56 EST 2003

Hi all -

We're planning on releasing a Zope 2.6.1 b1 today, and I wanted to
give the dev folks a heads-up and let people know the plan for
getting to 2.6.1 final.

The release today will contain some ZODB / ZEO fixes as well as
the datetime fix and some other fixes added since 2.6.0. We will
be having a "bug day" next Tuesday, and the goal will be that those
fixes will also go into the Zope-2_6-branch to be included in a
2.6.1 beta 2 to be release hopefully around the end of next week.

Assuming there are no issues with the b2 release, we'll plan on
making it final a week or so after that for a late xmas present :)

This schedule should also provide enough time for the valiant
volunteers working on the 2.6.1 version of the Zope Book to
finalize things for the release.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com