[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7.0 b3 regressions

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Wed Dec 3 06:53:30 EST 2003

Hi!

Migrating a CMF Site from Zope 2.6 to Zope 2.7.0 b3, I stumbled over
these two Zope 2.7 issues:

1.) absolute_url(relative=1) behaves different

'relative' was changed from 'relative to site object' to 'relative to
server root'. This is an API change and breaks Products like CMF.

See <http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/809>

I propose to revert this change.

2.) reindexIndex not 100% backwards compatible

CMF's CatalogTool inherits from ZCatalog and overrides catalog_object.
Zope's reindexIndex fails because CMF doesn't implement the new
catalog_object API.

See <http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1134>

I propose to add a capability check in reindexIndex.

I'd volunteer to fix these issues in CVS as proposed, but maybe the
people who made these changes still feel responsible for their code or
there are objections regarding the proposed fixes.

Any feedback is welcome.

Cheers,
	Yuppie