[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.7.0 b3 regressions

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Wed Dec 3 07:33:55 EST 2003

Hi!

Chris McDonough wrote:
> Eep.  Maybe CMF's overridden catalog should just be given a reindexIndex
> method instead of doing a capability check in Zope?  More broadly, is it
> worth embedding the capabilities check (which can never, ever go away)
> into Zope itself or would it be better to change CMF to deal with the
> API change?

Why can't the capabilities check go away in a future release? We could
add a deprecation warning in reindexIndex in case it detects the old
API. And of course CMF has to implement the new API. This is on the todo
list: <http://collector.zope.org/CMF/206>

But is it worth to have a CMF 1.4.3 release just to fix this issue?

Cheers,
	Yuppie