[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.7.0 b3 regressions

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Wed Dec 3 16:05:29 EST 2003

Yuppie wrote:
> You introduced that concept in Zope 2.7. The method docstring is part of
> your change. Before Zope 2.7, absolute_url was defined different, worked
> different and was used different in products maintained by ZC.
[snip]
> I don't think the old API was better. I'm just saying that you changed
> the API in a way that is not backwards compatible. I encountered the
> problem with a plain new CMF Site.

Gotcha.  Grepping Zope's source and the Products I had to hand showed
only one use of absolute_url(1), in Draft.py, so I hoped that making the
implementation sane wouldn't affect too much.

Looking at the 1.4 branch of CMF, I see it in three places:

1. DiscussionTool.py uses it when looking up replies.  This looks like a
non-issue for new or properly converted discussions in 1.4.

2. SkinsTool.py uses it to construct skin cookies.

3. Any caller of URLTool that passes 'relative=1' to it.  I can only
find one of these, namely getIcon() in DynamicType.py.

Is #3 likely to be the cause of the problem you're seeing?  Can you be
more specific about the circumstances of the problem?

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am