[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.7.0 b3 regressions

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Mon Dec 8 01:53:59 EST 2003

Yuppie wrote:
> Yes. getIcon() is the cause of the problem I see:
>
> To access the ZMI I use this Apache rule:
> ProxyPass /zope27
> http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/example.org:80/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_zope27
>

> getIcon() for a folder in myCMFSite returns
> 'zope27/myCMFSite/folder_icon.gif'
> (was 'myCMFSite/folder_icon.gif' in Zope 2.6)
>
> OFS/dtml/main.dtml adds BASEPATH1, so the URL is
> '/zope27/zope27/myCMFSite/folder_icon.gif'
> (would be '/zope27/myCMFSite/folder_icon.gif' in Zope 2.6)

Based on this, and on a lot of back-burner pondering, I'm now thinking
that the proper fix for this is the one you suggest.  It makes sense for
the relative version of the absolute path to omit BASE1, the URL of the
virtual root, returning the semantics of absolute_path(1) to "path
relative to the virtual root".  Use cases that need a hostname-relative
URL can use BASEPATH1 + absolute_url(1).

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am