[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.7.0 b3 regressions

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Mon Dec 8 08:45:50 EST 2003

Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:
> IMHO, this is broken behaviour. If you try to use an URL to locate an
> object, the only sane behaviour is to feed this URL to an URL api
> (probably in the REQUEST object) to get it mapped to a physical path.

(Un)RestrictedTraverse can do this, right? Or does that require the full
physical Path/URL?

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 09:35, Stefan H. Holek wrote:
>P.S.: I have written a bunch of regression tests for absolute_url
>behavior over the weekend and if nobody tells me otherwise am going to
>check them into Products/SiteAccess/tests.

I think this is a good idea. In any case I'd like them, to adapt them to
the getXXPath API's, which I think I'll check in tomorrow. They are
really trivial methods, but it would be good to have unit tests for API
documentation. :)

//Lennart