[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.7.0 b3 regressions

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Dec 8 12:36:28 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 05:58:12PM +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
> >As a frequent (ab)user of '/'+absolute_url(1), which did indeed
> >bite me when i deployed to an "inside out" apache setup,
> >I thought I'd try this out... I think you
> >meant BASEPATH1+'/'+absolute_url(1)?
>
> I would like to know:
> 1. Exactly what is an "inside out" apache setup.

See the "About" tab on VHM. "Inside out" is mentioned
numerous times in this thread.

> 2. What is the result you want?

The result that I got by doing BASEPATH1+'/'+absolute_url(1)
as described in my previous message. I thought that was clear.

BASEPATH1 does not have a trailing slash, and
absolute_url(1) does not have a leading slash, so if you
visit _vh_foo/bar you will get foobar instead of foo/bar.
Therefore, BASEPATH1 + absolute_url(1) does not work.
You have to insert the slash.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com