[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7.0 b3 regressions

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Mon Dec 8 13:14:28 EST 2003

After reading this paragraph for the third time I realized you have a
very good point here.

But

<quote by="Evan Simpson">
"Relative" in this context refers to the concept of a "relative path"
as used in rfc1808, not to a relationship with a Zope object.  It is
meant for use in situations such as redirection to a secure page from
an insecure one (eg. 'https://example.com' + target.absolute_url(1))
where you would otherwise have to generate the complete URL and then
break it apart.
</quote>

So, what do we want "relative" to mean for absolute_url?

Stefan

--
The time has come to start talking about whether the emperor is as well
dressed as we are supposed to think he is.               /Pete McBreen/