[Zope-dev] WebDAV Collection/Resource Chameleon Question

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Tue Dec 9 05:08:00 EST 2003

Eric Roby wrote:
> We are trying to  make a 'folderish' (WebDAV Collection) class appear as
> a WebDAV Resource to WebDAV clients.  I won't go into the reasons why we
> want to do this unless someone is interested. We have made several
> attempts at this but have been unsuccessful to date.  Rather than go
> into all the gory details about what we have tried I am asking if anyone
> could tell me if it is even technically possible to trick the WebDAV
> machinery (server/client) into treating this class in this way?

Yes.

Oh, you want to know how too_ Hang, on I'll look up the code....

You need to set a bunch of attributes on the class:

     isPrincipiaFolderish = 0
     __dav_collection__ = 0
     isAnObjectManager = 0

As I remember, any of these set to 1 will make the Collection object
behave like a collection. Setting isPrincipiaFolderish to 0 will make
the folder dissapear from the ZMI-tree too, but the othger ones have no
real side effects.

I don't remember the details to WHY this is like this, so you can
experiment with removing some of these settings, I may misremember.

//Lennart