[Zope-dev] Re: Post-mortem [Was: Zope 2.7.0 b3 regressions]

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Wed Dec 10 05:14:19 EST 2003

From: "Evan Simpson" <evan at 4-am.com>
> Lennart proposed additional methods, but I'm going to work on that in
> the post-2.7 branches, since I really want to clean up this mess
> properly, and beta 3 isn't the time.

I totally agree. This is new features, introducing that in a beta3 seems
very bad. I proposed introducing them in 2.7 only to:

1. Get things moving by scaring people. :-)
2. A way of fixing absolute_url by making it's bugs less important.

If absolute_url can be fixed so it doesn't break backwards compatibility,
then number 2 is of no importance.

//Lennart