[Zope-dev] SMPT Authorization support

Barry Pederson bp at barryp.org
Thu Dec 11 15:48:41 EST 2003

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> I just checked in (on regebro-esmpt_support-branch) support for setting a
> username and password on the mailhost. Very nice and easy fix, and lot's of
> people want it.
>
> But I realized that what you actually might want is to have different login
> and password for each user, that is a possibility to pass username +
> password to send(). And maybe you want a setting to allow this or not.
>
> Or is this overkill? What do you think?
>
> (This is for all for 2.8, obviously).

Yeah, I think that could be handy - especially where you have zope and your
smtp-server authenticating off the same source (ldap?).  Then if there was a
question as to who sent a mail, you'd only have to look in the mail logs, and
not try and cross-reference them with web logs.

Maybe have it so it uses the userid+password if it's available, or a
specified id/password when it's an anonymous user.

	Barry