[Zope-dev] Re: On with the show....

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Mon Dec 15 11:02:58 EST 2003

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> If you look at FSPageTemplate, its obvious that it doesn't subclass
> ZopePageTemplate, but the solution is not so obvious. Using:
>
>     pt_getContext = ZopePageTemplate.pt_getContext.im_func

Wow, FSPageTemplate is lousy with this sort of thing, isn't it?  I'd
have spelled it ZopePageTemplate.__dict__['pt_getContext'], but your
code works out to the same thing.  I don't endorse this sort of
cross-tree method copying, but if we're going to do it on this scale, at
least we can make it tidier.  Before the Globals.InitializeClass:

zpd = ZopePageTemplate.__dict__
for m in ('func_code', '_default_bindings', 'manage_FTPget',
           'get_size', 'PrincipiaSearchSource', 'document_src',
           'pt_getContext', 'ZScriptHTML_tryParams'):
   setattr(FSPageTemplate, m, zpd[m])

> A similar error also happened with FSImage.__str__ (which is assigned
> Image.__str__, but FSImage just subclasses FSObject).
>
> Any thought on those?

Yep -- it seems very silly to copy a one-line method like that.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am