[Zope-dev] Re: Converting from old-style BTreess

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Dec 19 10:52:32 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:47:01AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> <shrug>  Who knows. I'd rather be safe.  It's not that hard.
> In any case, we would have needed the fix to handle old pickles
> correctly.

Asking a possibly redundant question...  not being much of a ZODB
hacker, I didn't follow this thread in detail...
Q: Will Zope >= 2.8 be able to import .zexp's exported from
zope <= 2.6.2?  From Jim's comment above I would guess "yes",
but I need to be sure.

Some of us out here in the wild use import / export machinery
pretty heavily (see e.g. ZSyncer), and we typically like to
burn in a new zope version on a dev system for some time before
upgrading the production systems... but during that time we
need to keep syncing stuff from dev to production.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com