[Zope-dev] [Bug] Zope's transaction behaviour flawed

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
03 Feb 2003 19:00:57 -0500

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 14:12, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Then, we must find another explanation for Andrews observation:
>
>   He observed heavily inconsistent (Zope) session data
>   when he accessed the session during error handling.
>   The problem went away when he did not do that.
>
> @Andrew:
>   Can you check your log files whether
>   the events would be consistent with rollbacks at the start
>   of the next request.

I don't think the symptoms are consistent with this, at least from what
I understand.  It seemed from Andrew's observations that the data put
into a session from earlier transactions was lost too (not just the data
put in during the transaction during the request which invoked the error
handler, nor just the data put into the database via the transaction
which was running concurrently with the aborted transaction).  It was as
if the internal data structures of the session data container were
becoming out of sync.  I don't have a particularly good explanation for
this behavior.

- C