[Zope-dev] if-then-else expression in Python

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:47:00 +1100

>>> Dieter Maurer wrote
> Currently, there is a heated debate in c.l.p about PEP 308, an
> "if-then-else" expression for Python.
> Some vote should decide its fate.
>
> I think, we want an "if-then-else" expression for Zope, as it would
> make decisions in TALES expressions much clearer and more
> robust than with the "... and ... or" hack or the "test" function which
> evaluates all arguments before testing (which confuses newbies).
>
> Do not forget to vote!

But please, please, don't just vote "yes" or "no" blindly. Read the
vote proposal, when it's posted, and think about it.

And _please_ don't go out soliciting "no" votes or "yes" votes from
people who aren't going to read the proposal.

Anthony