[Zope-dev] Re: Bare "except" dangerous to ZODB? was Re: [Zope-dev] Accept-Charset hearders causing 500 internal server error.[correct but not lenient]

Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:14:05 +0000

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 11:04 pm, Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 13:19, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> > I'm thinking the veto should be added by Connection.commit() and
> > Connection.setstate() whenever a conflict is about to propagate.  What
> > do you think?
>

> Maybe I don't understand all the transaction code correctly, but
> shouldn't it be set in ConflictError.__init__()?

No. ConflictError exceptions can be created by the storage, but swallowed by
conflict resolution code in the connection.

Shane is correct; we assert a veto at the point where the conflict is
terminal.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson