[Zope-dev] PCGI?

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:30:48 -0500

I'm wondering how PCGI should be supported in Zope moving forward.

We currently have:

- A PCGI server in ZServer

- A pcgi directory that contains:

   o A cgi program that is very thin and whos only job
     is to forward requests to an app server running pcgi

   o An unused PCGI "publisher", which would be used by
     a Python application server that wasn't running ZServer.

   o A debugging tool named MrCreosote. I don't know if anyone
     is using this.

I'd like to continue supporting PCGI in ZServer as long as it is used.

I'd like to omit the pcgi directory fron the Zope distribution
and make it a separate distribution.

Would anyone object to these changes for Zope 2.7?

Jim