[Zope-dev] Zope 2.5.1 with ZEO 2.0.2

Brian R Brinegar brinegar@ecn.purdue.edu
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:57:02 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

We are trying to upgrade the ZEO component of our Zope 2.5.1 system from
ZEO 1.0 to ZEO 2.0.2. We are using Python 2.1.3, everything is compiled
from source.

Everything installs and starts fine, however when a request is made to the
ZEO Client it hangs. The ZEO Server log shows no connection is made when
the request is preformed.

All of the ZEO unit tests are all successful. All of the files within the
ZEO Client are owned by the httpd user. We run the start script as root.

The problem is most definitly with the client, we can import zope on the
client and connect to the ZEO Server from a python script. It seems like
the main thread can access the ZEO Server, but ZServerPublisher threads
cannot. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Brian Brinegar
 ECN Web System Developer
 Purdue University

Our start script looks like this:
#! /bin/sh

install_dir=/data/www/Zope.251.ZEO2

INST_HOME=${install_dir}/Zope
export INST_HOME

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/data/www/Zope.251.ZEO2/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

PYTHONPATH=${install_dir}/lib/python2.1/site-packages/mx/DateTime/mxDateTime:${i
nstall_dir}/lib/python2.1/site-packages/PIL:${install_dir}/Zope/lib/python/ZEO:$
{install_dir}/Zope/lib/python
export PYTHONPATH

exec ${install_dir}/bin/python      $INST_HOME/z2.py  -w 8080 -F 8081 -W
8082 -u httpd STUPID_LOG_FILE=/var/log/Zope.log STUPID_LOG_SEVERITY="-300"
"$@"