[Zope-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] Zope 2.5.1 with ZEO 2.0.2 (fwd)

Brian R Brinegar brinegar@ecn.purdue.edu
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:34:54 -0500 (EST)

Okay,

Figured that out, the log file /var/log/Zope.log was owned by root so the
httpd user couldn't open the file. And the good news is Zope 2.5.1 with
ZEO 2.0.2 it works!

But, back to starting as root. If we start as root with "-u httpd" on
z2.py then all of the threads start as root and the first thread changes
to httpd. Any requests sent to the client hang.

However if we change to "-u root" on z2.py and start it as root requests
don't hang. This behavior only happens with ZEO 2 installed.

We tried making the Zope.log world writable but that didn't help either.

Can anyone explain this? What part of ZEO 2.0.2 is causing the secondary
threads to hang if they are not running as the same user as the primary
thread.

Any ideas? thanks,
-Brian