[Zope-dev] zope connector

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:26:05 -0600

>Your idea sounds interesting and require more investigation
>on my part.  I need to write application on a remote zope server
>(via wan, not part of our domain, but an extranet site) to access
>database tables on my domain.
>
>I don't think the other server has ZEO running.  (Neither do I, but
>I can do it since zope server is mine.)  The other side may so
>"No," in which case would I still be able to do what you say with
>DBTab?  Ie., without ZEO on the other side?

If you can't do ZEO magic, you'll have to go about it some RPC (remote
procedure call) way. Currently XML-RPC support is good in Zope. There's
an XMLRPC Method product for the calling, and Zope can do the serving
automagically. If you're looking for something more transparent, I seem
to remember something like that existing some time ago. Whether it still
does...

Maybe XMLRPC Proxy is what I was thinking of, but probably not. Maybe
somebody with a better memory can inform.

          --jcc