[Zope-dev] Creating a fully stand-alone Zope Page Templates

Kevin Smith Kevin.Smith@themorgue.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:07:18 -0500

I am trying to make a stand-alone Page Templates packages that doesn't
have any Zope dependencies.  I was able to short circuit security and
acquisition.  I re-implemented MultiMapping in plain Python and made
the Base class just an empty class.

This is passing most of the regression tests, but there is one big
issue left.  When a page template invokes something that is a function,
it prints the equivalent of 'repr(function)' instead of 'function()'.
What magic that goes on within Zope am I missing in my wrapper?

Kevin Smith
Kevin.Smith@theMorgue.org