[Zope-dev] ZPublisher XMLRPC extension for user exceptions (II)

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:51:25 +0200

> By that way, I could send my own fault code and fault descriptions
> via XML-RPC.
>
> But as you can see, I have to extend ZOPE code, and I don't want to
> do it, I have to work with standard releases of ZOPE.
>
> Do you think that something like that would be improved in an early
> future for next ZOPE releases?
>
> Any opinion will be really appreciated.

This is easy to do in Zope 3. You just provide an XML-RPC view for your
exception that returns the things you want.
Different exceptions can have different views.
The same exception can have a different view for plain browser-oriented
HTTP, for FTP, and for XML-RPC.

If the "views" part of the Zope 3 component architecture gets
back-ported to Zope 2, then you'll be able to use this with Zope 2.

Zope 3 has had only one alpha release, and is still undergoing a lot of
change and further development. The mailing list for discussing it is
zope3-dev@zope.org.

--
Steve Alexander