[Zope-dev] Zope - Document Management Integration

Sameer Maggon maggon@newgen.co.in
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 08:25:56 -0800

We can access the DMS using our own XML APIs, so its like if we can build
some kind of an interface so that the users can add content from our DMS,
then it would be done.

We need that because some of our repositories (clients) have huge amount of
data in our DMS and they want to utilize that, so i was just thinking of
using Zope there.

Sameer

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Kostyrka [mailto:andreas@mtg.co.at]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 4:12 PM
To: Sameer Maggon; zope-dev@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Zope - Document Management Integration

Am Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2003 02:51 schrieb Sameer Maggon:
> We have our own proprietary Document Management Product. Lot of our
> clients have their valuable data (images, web-pages, other documents)
> in our repository (powered by our DM product). Now is there a way we
> can incorporate CMS facilities using Zope where the users can make
> web-sites using the content from our DMS.
Well, that depends how you can access the DMS data.
(proprietary protocol, xml-rpc, corba, etc.)

Depending upon intend you can then build "proxy" objects for Zope.

The question remains why you want to do this. Zope seems quite capable to do
custom document management (when setup rightly). And if you go the
proprietary way with the document management, you should be also capable to
do some proprietary CMS solution :)