[Zope-dev] Zope Publishing

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:30:50 -0500

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 05:04 pm, Sameer Maggon wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> In some CMS we have different environment for Development (Authoring),
> Staging and Production. The CMS Database that resides in the Developmen=
> setup is usually more bulky than the database in the production and sta=
ging
> site. Can any body tell me how Zope fits into this situation, is there =
any
> component that takes care of this?
>=20
> My major concern is that, it might be that my repository contains huge
> number of images but actually the site uses only some of them. So when
> actually deploying a site, the system should resolve those images and p=
ut
> the required files.

A combination of CMFStaging/ZopeVersionControl (available from cvs) and=20
mounted storages would probably solve this nicely. The latter would be=20
optional, but would allow you to have a separate ZEO storage server for=20
production that contained only the published content objects and was only=
=20
written to when content was published or retracted, not on every edit.

-Casey