[Zope-dev] title_or_id permissions on Files

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 19:09:08 +0100

Brian R Brinegar wrote at 2003-1-10 16:28 -0500:
 > Very possible. In any case, is this the correct behavior? Show a method be
 > protected if it isn't protecting any data?
You never know what people want to hide.

  There have been many complaints that people can find out which
  "id"s are used in a Web site. "title"s provide much more detailed
  information.

Personally, I am for openess, not only for open source
but also for open Web sites (not that anyone can put spam on
it or modify the content, but that anyone can see how it was done).
I would not hide "id", "title", ...

Dieter