[Zope-dev] AdaptableStorage

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:47:35 -0500

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 05:30:58PM +0000, seb bacon wrote:
>
>>Shane, AdaptableStorage is insane and beautiful - congratulations :-)
>

> It seems to inspire insanity :) kosh and i got into a discussion on #zope
> about using AdaptableStorage with reiserfs4, mapping zope properties
> to reiserfs4 properties... finally, a fully really transparent
> unix filesystem <-> ZODB solution that isn't a half-assed version of either!
> didn't get into detail but it seems like it should be doable.

That's not insanity, it's just discovering that what was nasty and
difficult before is now doable. :-)  I really didn't appreciate the
elegance of Mac resource forks until I created the ".properties" files.
  I understand NTFS has multiple named forks and other filesystems like
ReiserFS are developing similar capabilities.  Neat.  Let's use them!

Shane