[Zope-dev] Can't return / publish object of a dictionary?

Jeff Rush jrush@taupro.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:26:30 -0600

Yeah, the new property type in Python 2.2 is pretty cool, but out of
range for use under Zope at the moment.  The ExtensionClass requirement
for persistence eliminates using it with new style Python classes.

Plus... the Lars, the original poster, said he was a Python newbie and
he certainly doesn't need to get lost wandering around in bleeding edge
versions.

I think Zope 2.7 or 3.0 is supposed to support new style classes and
persistence.  But not today...

-Jeff