[Zope-dev] 2.6.1b2?

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
27 Jan 2003 15:40:08 -0200

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 07:40, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Saturday 25 January 2003 1:07 am, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
> Is there an estimate for this?
>
> afaict, the public schedule since December has been that this is imminent any
> day now. I have some important bug fixes that I would like to include in
> 2.6.1, and I would like some assurance that beta 2 will not be released
> mid-merge.

I don't think b2 will be release without a heads-up (right, folks?), so
I think you should go ahead and include them, but that's is just MHO.

Still, I (and the community, I think) would like to know what's keeping
b2 and if there's anything we can do to help it.

Maybe this is just another case of a part of the Zope "process" that
unecessarily depends on ZopeCorp manpower that could, perhaps, be
delegated to the comunity, such as compiling packages for some
platforms, etc.

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.