[Zope-dev] 2.6.1b2?

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:47:43 -0500

> > afaict, the public schedule since December has been that this
> is imminent any
> > day now. I have some important bug fixes that I would like to
> include in
> > 2.6.1, and I would like some assurance that beta 2 will not be released
> > mid-merge.
>
> I don't think b2 will be release without a heads-up (right, folks?), so
> I think you should go ahead and include them, but that's is just MHO.
>
> Still, I (and the community, I think) would like to know what's keeping
> b2 and if there's anything we can do to help it.
>
> Maybe this is just another case of a part of the Zope "process" that
> unecessarily depends on ZopeCorp manpower that could, perhaps, be
> delegated to the comunity, such as compiling packages for some
> platforms, etc.

Mea culpa - I've not been doing nearly good enough a job at keeping
the community informed :(

Here's the status - an engagement that we're doing has been bringing
up some issues regarding ZODB and ZEO in large-scale environments. I
think that the fixes are useful enough that they should be in 2.6.1,
but getting them "finalized" has taken longer than I expected. I'll
know better later today, but I expect that the fixes will be wrapped
up this week, enabling a 2.6.1 b2 next week.

Because it has dragged out so long, I'd prefer to get the ZODB fixes
in, release 2.6.1 b2 and hopefully soon thereafter a 2.6.1 final with
no further changes. A 2.6.2 effort could start as soon after as needed,
to add the other fixes mentioned and hopefully also include the fruit
of another bug day.

Again, sorry about the confusion...

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716