[Zope-dev] 2.6.1b2?

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:59:44 -0500

> > Here's the status - an engagement that we're doing has been bringing
> > up some issues regarding ZODB and ZEO in large-scale environments. I
> > think that the fixes are useful enough that they should be in 2.6.1,
> > but getting them "finalized" has taken longer than I expected.
>
> I'd love to know what kind of thing 'large-scale' implies here, and what
> kind of problems the fixes fixed.

"Large-scale" meaning large numbers of ZEO clients, that mount
multiple ZEO-served databases that are each replicated using
ZRS (Zope Corp.'s replication / failover solution) :^)

The changes have to do with coordination of transaction commit among
multiple databases, manageability and fault-tolerance. I'll ask
Jeremy to be sure to update the CHANGES.txt with the important
changes.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com