[Zope-dev] hard coded paths in pickles

kosh kosh@aesaeion.com
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 00:31:31 -0600

I have been trying to clean up the structure in my python product and I find
that if I move any file zope can no longer load the object associated with
that file but new objects created work just fine. Unforunatley that is not an
option since I have a lot of old data that I need to keep. Is there a
solution to this problem that is feasible or with zope once you place a file
at some location you can't ever move it. If it is true that once a file is at
some location it can't be moved surely this needs to be fixed since it would
make it very hard for long projects since they could not clean up the layout
of the project over time as things change.

Thanks