[Zope-dev] Re: Untrusted developers

Brian Brinegar brinegar@pier.ecn.purdue.edu
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:23:53 -0500

>Just being able to kill processes when their requests have been terminated
>would improve the situation dramatically.  It would also allow termination
>policies to be implemented in the front-end server (Apache).  This would
>not be as nice as the suggestion you made, but we could whip up a simple
>solution quickly.
>
>Can you programmatically determine when a process is associated with a
>terminated request or is it a fuzzy exercise (like watching "top" for
>awhile)?  Do you use /Control_Panel/DebugInfo?  When you find it, is it
>sufficient and safe to just kill it?
>
>--kyler

I'm not sure if there is a way to know if the request has been
terminated, but if you could killing the thread should work. I think
Zope creates new threads until the maximum set in the start script is
reached. If one was killed I would assume that Zope would just start up
another one the next time it is needed until the maximum is again reached.

This would greatly reduce the problem I agree.

-Brian