[Zope-dev] Re: [Plone-developers] problem upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3

Gilles gilles.lavaux@esrin.esa.it
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:16:12 -0500

Hello

The problem I have is that I am using only standard plone installation: and
I now use only 'stable' release.

- plone 1.0.b1
- plone 1.0.1
- plone 1.0.3

I install or update nothing at all into my plone instance: I don't want to
do it . I just use it. I am not able to fix a faulty plone site...
To play around I use a zope installations.

I was expecting that by using standard plone delivery I would be able to
upgrade without to much problems. For some reason it's not all the time the
case.

So I am using:
 - CMFCore (Installed product CMFCore (1.3.1))
 - CMFPlone (Installed product CMFPlone (1.0.3))
 - CMFWiki (Installed product CMFWiki (0.1))
 - CMFPhoto (Installed product CMFPhoto (0.2))

It is not possible to check the 'skin_paths in potal_skins -> Properties
tab', because this render a plone page showing the error:
> > Error Details
> > Error Type
> > AttributeError
> > Error Value
> > photo_content

Is it possible that this CMFPhoto product (which is new for me: it is coming
inside the 1.0.3 upgrade) is not registered correctly inside my
installation??
Is there a way to move my old site data (the /Menber folder?) into a fresh
new plone 1.0.3 installation? I try this already from a 1.0.b1 to 1.0.1, but
copying (export/import) the /menber folder was not enougth.

Thanks anyway for your suggestions

Gilles