[Zope-dev] Can't fathom 'method-populated' selection lists in Zclasses

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:21:11 +0200

Bob Marshall wrote at 2003-7-18 09:04 -0000:
 >   All the documentation I've read says that the 'selection' type for a
 > property of a ZClass property sheet can be a variable *or a method*. Fine.
 > This works as advertised, except where the method is a method *defined
 > within the Zclass* (e.g. as MyZClass.propertysheets.methods.myMethod ). Is
 > this a known bug? A feature? Do I need some arcane Zope Zen syntax to unlock
 > this behaviour?
 >
 >   N.B. If the method resides *outside* the ZClass (e.g. as a python script
 > in the root folder) all things works just fine.
 >
 >   The only 'diagnostic' I get is on the property sheet containing the
 > selection type property: it displays e.g. 'No value for myMethod' instead of
 > the expected drop-down box.

I used this already and it worked (so I do not have time at the moment
to check whether it still works).

It will not work in the constructor form (as at that time there is
not yet a ZInstance that can access "methods" directly).
It should work as soon as you have a ZInstance.

Dieter