[Zope-dev] Re: CVS: Zope/lib/python/TAL - TALGenerator.py:1.65

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:21:12 +0200

Hi!

Chris McDonough wrote:
> Hmm.  Without this fix, many CMFDefault (and possibly CMFCore) skins
> don't work.  Is there a way to fix the offending CMF skins so that it
> works under Zope versions both with this fix and without (so we don't
> need two versions of CMF)?  More importantly, is anyone willing to
> actually do this work?

CMFCore has no skins. CMFDefault is the only product in
cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository/CMF using i18n.

CMFDefault has just one template using this pattern:
index_html_utils.html uses i18n:attributes="alt title"

So it would not be much work to change CMF.

I'm not talking about third party products building on top of CMF. Plone
was already discussed, I don't know what's the case with other products.

What about backporting the i18n fix to Zope 2.6.2 ?

Using CMF / Plone with i18n support requires Zope 2.6.0 anyway. Maybe we
could force people updating CMF / Plone also to update Zope to 2.6.2.

This way CMF / Plone could switch to the new spec.

Just my 2 cents.

Yuppie