[Zope-dev] Restart button and Products dir in Zope 2.7 beta 1

PieterB PieterB <pieterb@gewis.nl>
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:22:59 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I tested todays Zope CVS checkout on Python 2.2.3 on FreeBSD 5.0. I
noticed the following issues:

(1) I noticed that the "restart" button is missing on the Control
Panel. Is this intended behaviour for Zope 2.7? Or did I encounter
a bug? There is still a Shutdown button, BTW.

(2) I also tried to install some products in the INSTANCE_HOME/Products
directory. There was a README.txt there telling:

	"Additional products for your Zope instance should be
	installed in this directory.  A freshly created instance
	should only contain this README.txt file in this directory."

I tried adding a product to this directory (Formulator from CVS),
but it didn't loaded when I restarted the Zope instance (from
commandline because of (1)). It loads fine if I move it to
SOFTWARE_HOME/Products.

Can anybody comment on these issues? Should I create bugreports in
the collector?

PieterB

--
http://zwiki.org/PieterB