[Zope-dev] Re: TALES idea: tuple unpacking

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:51:56 -0400

Jim Penny wrote:
> Frankly, would not even have occurred to me - I would probably create a
> tiny Script (Python) en passant, and called it directly, as:
> <a tal:attributes="href python: here.url_quote(some_url)" />.  I did not
> realize that this is deprecated in Zope3.

Your example relies on implicit acquisition.  Your example is not
deprecated, it just won't work. :-)  Now, if you made a view component,
you could get it to work, but that pattern would be very different from
Zope 2.

> But, what does all of this have to do with index:, key:, int:, etc.?

The issue at hand is whether to use prefixes at all.  That's the way I
understand it, anyway.

Shane