[Zope-dev] Re: simpler TALES. (was Re: TALES idea: tuple unpacking)

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:11:12 -0500

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> FWIW, I'd write this as "here/call:getSomeObject/someAttribute".  I
> suppose it's possible to support both.  One interesting difference is
> that my syntax says both "get an attribute" and "call it", while yours
> says only "call it".  Mine is a method call, while yours is a function
> call.

Mine also allows simple argument lists, and supports stuff like
"here/key:getSomeObject/call:/someAttribute".  On the other hand, it has
already confounded someone's intuition :-)

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am