[Zope-dev] Re: simpler TALES. (was Re: TALES idea: tuple unpacking)

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:46:08 -0400

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 02:29:45PM -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> >How would you pass arguments in your version?  I'd say that passing
> >arguments accounts for a very large percentage of my need to use
> >TALES python expressions.
>
> If you need to pass arguments, use a Python expression.  Python
> expressions are not on trial.

You said in another post:
"""
My feeling is that you should avoid mixing syntaxes in a single
document.
"""

So I'm getting mixed messages from you. :-)

I was bringing up a common case that results in mixing syntaxes,
and which won't be avoidable unless the new call: prefix allows
arguments.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com