[Zope-dev] Conflict Errors; how to track them down?

Bjorn Stabell bjorn@exoweb.net
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:59:02 +0800

Shane wrote:
> Look at your undo log.  If the conflicts don't correspond=20
> with entries in the undo log, and you're not mounting other databases,
the=20
> conflicts  are almost certainly due to sessions.  However, conflicts
are=20
> a normal  occurrence and rarely reach the user.  Zope automatically
retries the=20
> request and delivers the successful page.

They do not always correspond to entries in the undo log.  But the ones
that do are always (?) committed successfully.  The problem is, as I can
see from other threads here, that they are related to other systems that
cannot be rolled back (e.g., sending email / faxes), so we get duplicate
emails / faxes.  I'll look at how to wrap these systems in
transaction-aware wrappers, as was mentioned in a related thread.

In any case, is there no way to find out more detailed information about
why a conflict happened?  There must be some oids somewhere?

Regards,
--=20
Bjorn