[Zope-dev] Versions: should they die?

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 09:21:12 -0700

If I remember correctly, though, there was still a lot in question about
legitimate use cases.  The web-services cluster-safety use-case I sketched
out here (http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2002-October/003112.html)
is still (perhaps) a valid case, but ONLY in a very-carefully constructed
application (and even that case leaves me wanting a better app-level way to
do it).

I think I agree with the feeling that versions should stay in ZODB, but be
depreciated/marked as "official evil" in ZMI.

Sean