[Zope-dev] Re: DBtab and BDBStorage

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 16:17:01 -0400

Andrew R. Halko wrote:
> Now, I am trying to setup my dbtab.conf to first test this before I try
> and integrate it into my current site, which has limited info now, but
> needs to be ready for major population in a week or two at most.  Here
> is what I am guessing for config, maybe you can tell me if I am close
> and what more I need to do.

Some suggestions:

- Use ZEO.  It makes starting/stopping Zope much faster and isolates the
application from the database.

- Put /Plone/portal_catalog in its own database, allowing you to tune
its cache size and pack it more frequently than the rest of the data.

- Watch the activity graphs in the Control_Panel to determine proper
cache sizes.  Note that DBTab 1.2 fixes a bug related to this.

Shane