[Zope-dev] RE: DBtab and BDBStorage

Andrew R. Halko ahalko@insivia.com
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 16:06:57 -0400

Thanks for the help!, a few more questions (lets hope).

I haven't done anything yet by the way, I wanted to research my options
and do some testing before I went ahead and did anything major.  I did a
little testing, but haven't gotten very far.

The setup for Plone that I am thinking will support everything I need
and work is:

Main Plone site - ZODB 4gb once I install python 2.2 and enable
large_file_support

Plone/images/ - folder with all my images stores on Local File System

Plone/files/ - folder with all my main files (word, pdf, etc.) stores on
Local File System

Plone/Members/ - BerkleyDB to allow a large number of users a large DB
to create whatever they need in their areas

Now, I am trying to setup my dbtab.conf to first test this before I try
and integrate it into my current site, which has limited info now, but
needs to be ready for major population in a week or two at most.  Here
is what I am guessing for config, maybe you can tell me if I am close
and what more I need to do.

[Storage: Main]
type=FileStorage
file_name=%(CLIENT_HOME)s/Data.fs

[Database: Main]
mount_paths=/

[Storage: Images]
type=FileStorage
basepath=%(CLIENT_HOME)s/images

[Database: Images]
mount_paths=/Plone/images/
container_class=OFS.Folder.Folder
cache_size=4000

[Storage: Files]
type=FileStorage
basepath=%(CLIENT_HOME)s/files

[Database: Files]
mount_paths=/Plone/files/
container_class=OFS.Folder.Folder
cache_size=4000

[Database: Members]
mount_paths=/Plone/Members/

[Storage: Members]
type=BDBFullStorage

Thanks for all your help, it is very much appreciated.

Andrew R. Halko